Sunday, December 20, 2009

Face wash over drying skin?

At first i was using the equate acne wash and after pat drying my face it would feel very dry and when i would move my face around it would feel very weird. so i put on ponds dry skin cream to help re-moisturize my face. after a while my skin would start peeling in places such as my forehead and would become cracked. so than i switched to oil-free acne wash by neutrogena. it said on the back that it would cleanse without over drying. still the same thing would happen. I started wondering if i'm washing my face wrong. i would usually wet my face, wet my hands, put the formula on my hands, rub them together and rub it on my face and after about 50 seconds wash it off. Am i doing anything wrong? or should i get a different face wash? i have pimply skin that's not too oily except around my nose. thanks! =]Face wash over drying skin?
Yep, I experience the same issue when i use neutrogena/ cleanasil. After the wash, my face are dry too. What I suggest is to buy cream that help moisterize your skin after the oil-cleansing--- not lotion but moisterizer such as Shisheido Pureness. Trust me it helps.Face wash over drying skin?
No, look for a face wash for dry skin. Most of the ones for acne are kind of drying though.





Oh and always moisturize after you wash your face.
Use a gentle facewash. Over-drying just makes your acne worse. Try something gentle like Cetaphil or Basis. And use a moisturizer, in addition to an acne spot treatment.
Use a stick of butter, it will help

No comments:

Post a Comment